Purchase decisions made by any organisation have economic, social and environmental repercussions and accordingly MM(DU) has a policy to purchase goods and services, wherein the purchases are made by following the guidelines of optimum utilisation of resources to reduce adverse economic, social and environmental impacts.
Following are some important Guidelines:
- Encouragement for purchase of goods from close vicinity to reduce transportation, where ever feasible
- Encouragement for purchase of goods with minimum packaging. If unavoidable, it ought to be made from biodegradable.
- Promoting the purchase of products with minimum environmental impact during their use.
- Training of officials from Purchase section on the responsibility towards sustainable procurement
- Purchase of any kind should ensure social responsibility related to ethics, economic and environment
- Considering various aspects like waste management, carbon emissions, water management, air pollution, etc. while making the purchasing decisions
- Taking care of Economic & Ethical issues like bribery, fraud, conflict and corruption, etc. in the whole process