Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) is comfortably situated at Mullana, midway between two major cities of Haryana state i.e. Ambala and Yamunanagar. It has a large fleet of nearly 85 buses connecting it to all major places in the vicinity. The transportation policy of the MM (DU) is to ensure easy and comfortable accessibility to the campus, besides, maintaining its responsibilities towards environment.
Various key features of transportation policy of the MM (DU) include: –
- Ensuring connectivity to all major cities/towns in the surrounding areas.
- A safe, comfortable and eco-friendly means of transport to the campus.
- Year round inspection and maintenance of its vehicles to ensure minimal emissions.
- Using eco-friendly means of transport within the campus such as solar panel driven auto- rickshaw, battery cars, bicycles etc for maintaining a pollution free environment on the campus.
- Bus transport from all major places in the vicinity has been provided by Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) to curb the menace of individual travelling by own vehicles. Pooling as well as mass transport system have proven success record in controlling the pollution level in the environment.
- Regular maintenance of all the vehicles of the University is carried out to reduce the emission levels.
- Battery cars and Solar driven auto rickshaws are adopted within the campus to safeguard the environment.
- Students, staff and faculty are encouraged to use eco-friendly means of transport like bicycles within the campus.
- Entry of the vehicles is restricted in the campus.