The aim of recycle program of the MM (DU) is to minimize waste generation and its recycling. Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University)’s recycle program has set up its goal to follow the 3R concept of waste utilization i.e. Reduce, Re-use and Recycle.
The policy behind Recycle Program of the MM(DU) is:
- Determining the waste composition and its volume.
- Segregation of waste material for the purpose of Re-use and Recycle.
- Recycling some of the waste materials at campus like cardboard, mixed paper, etc. and contacting some professional companies to pick-up the recyclable waste.
- Separate containers have been placed throughout the campus to collect reusable, recyclable and garbage separately.
- The recyclable bins are emptied separately at recycle plant of the MM (DU). These mainly carry paper pieces and cardboards.
- The recycled waste is utilized within the MM (DU).
- The recommendations of audit reports are followed to revise existing policies of the program.
- E-waste and bio medical waste is disposed off as per the guidelines.
- Kitchen waste is utilized for vermi-composting and biogas plant.