The aim of formulating the “Energy Conservation Program” for Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) is to reduce energy consumption in totality and to preserve the resources for the future use. MM(DU) values the significance of energy conservation for its entire campus and is committed to outline the steps to attain sustainable levels in energy consumption.
The program’s policy includes
- Use of fewer non-renewable natural energy resources and promotion of renewable sources of energy.
- Conserve energy through optimal use of resources.
- Improved energy efficiency by switching over to less energy consuming devices.
- Design of infrastructure to ensure maximum utilization of solar energy to reduce energy demand.
- Create awareness amongst staff, faculty and students groups on energy conservation through various activities, forums.
- To carry out energy audit of the MM (DU) campus periodically and carry out the maintenance and installation drives as per the recommendations of the audit report.
- Maximize the use of day light in buildings to reduce the energy consumption.
- Increased use of solar energy wherever possible.
- Windows and doors of air conditioned spaces to be kept closed to save energy.
- Air conditioners, fans and other office equipments to be turned off when not in use.
- Personal computer and printers to be turned off when not in use.
- All lighting, except that required for security purpose, to be turned off when the building is unoccupied at the end of the day.
- Reminders in the form of bold slogans/posters are pasted at numerous places in the campus for Energy Conservation.
- Energy efficient products are replaced wherever possible to replenish traditional more energy consuming devices.