Effective Date: February 10, 2022
Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) Mullana is dedicated to fostering sustainable development in alignment with the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The objectives of the University Policy for SDGs include:
- Integration of SDGs across University Functions:
Embed SDGs into the core functions of the university, including academic programs, research initiatives, administrative practices, and community engagement. Align institutional goals with specific SDGs to contribute meaningfully to global sustainability efforts.
- Fostering a Culture of Sustainability:
Promote a culture of sustainability among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. Encourage a sense of responsibility and accountability towards sustainable practices in all aspects of university life.
- Research and Innovation for SDG Solutions:
Facilitate research projects that address challenges outlined in the SDGs. Encourage innovative solutions and technologies that contribute to achieving specific SDGs.
- Community Engagement and Outreach:
Actively engage with the local community to address SDG-related issues and contribute to regional sustainable development. Organize outreach programs, workshops, and events that raise awareness and encourage community participation in achieving SDGs.
Monitoring and Reporting
Establish mechanisms for monitoring and reporting progress on SDG-related initiatives. Periodically communicate achievements, challenges, and lessons learned to maintain transparency and accountability.
University Commitment to Meaningful Education on SDGs
In alignment with the University Policy for SDGs, Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) Mullana is committed to providing meaningful education around the SDGs across the institution. This commitment is characterized by:
- Relevance and Applicability:
- Ensure that education on the SDGs is relevant and applicable to all students, irrespective of their academic discipline.
- Design curriculum and learning resources that resonate with the diverse student body, making the SDGs accessible and applicable to their respective fields of study.
- Cross-Disciplinary Integration:
- Promote cross-disciplinary collaboration to incorporate SDG-related content seamlessly into various academic programs.
- Encourage faculty members to explore and highlight the connections between their subject areas and the SDGs, fostering a holistic understanding of sustainable development.
- Experiential Learning Opportunities:
- Provide experiential learning opportunities, internships, and projects that allow students to actively engage with SDG-related issues.
- Encourage students to apply theoretical knowledge in practical settings, fostering a deeper understanding of the real-world implications of the SDGs.
- Community Engagement and Outreach:
- Facilitate community engagement initiatives that allow students to apply their knowledge and skills in addressing local challenges aligned with the SDGs.
- Encourage student-led outreach programs that promote awareness and contribute to the achievement of specific SDGs within the local community.
- Continuous Learning and Reflection:
- Establish mechanisms for continuous learning and reflection on SDG-related topics throughout students’ academic journeys.
- Encourage a culture of curiosity and critical thinking, empowering students to question, analyze, and contribute to the ongoing discourse on sustainable development.
Continuous Improvement and Adaptive Strategies
MMDU Mullana recognizes that the landscape of sustainable development is dynamic and evolving. The university is committed to continuous improvement, regularly reassessing its contributions and interventions to align with emerging challenges and opportunities. Adaptive strategies will be implemented to ensure that the university remains at the forefront of sustainable development initiatives.
In conclusion, the University Policy for SDGs, coupled with the commitment to meaningful education around the SDGs, solidifies Maharishi Markandeshwar (Deemed to be University) Mullana’s dedication to creating a sustainable and responsible academic environment. Through the integration of SDGs across university functions, research and innovation, community engagement, and a focus on education, the university aspires to be a leader in contributing to the global sustainability agenda. This policy sets the foundation for a transformative educational experience that equips students with the knowledge and values necessary to address complex global challenges.