The Dean Student Welfare office at MM(DU) works in collaboration with all the Departments of MM(DU) to provide equal learning opportunities to students with disabilities.
The MM(DU) has formed its policy considering various aspects relating to disabled faculty/staff and students, including:
- The scope of the definition of disability has been expanded to include both physical as well as social disabilities
- Providing facilities like lifts/rumps/wheel chairs in various buildings
- Providing special washrooms for such students and faculty
- Providing human assistance at various places like library, reception etc.
- Provision of screen reader and other facilities on the MM(DU) website
- Identifying, locating and reaching out tostudents labelled with disabilities
- Providing special education services for all such enrolled students
- Ensuring teachers are adequately qualified, trained and sensitized to teach students with disabilities
- Ensuring that students with disabilities are not suspended or expelled at rates higher than their typically developing peers